Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As the Mid to Senior Level Software Engineer, you will be a part of an engineering community responsible for software automation solutions. You will partner up with the product management, network engineering, and other software engineering teams to solve complex technical problems and deliver outstanding products to our clients.
Lumen is looking for highly motivated and talented individuals with proficiency in front-end and back-end languages and frameworks and server, network, and cloud environments. In this role, you will mainly work with engineers and product owners who operationalize IP and Ethernet services and networks. As a vital member of the team, you will be working in a fast-paced agile environment and contributing to all software development phases from concept and design to testing.
The Main Responsibilities
- Contribute your experience, knowledge, and skills to strategic technology initiatives
- Designing and coding programs and testing and documenting changes and enhancements
- Analyze programming requests to assist integration with current applications
- Project implementation, researching and evaluating problems, and recommending and implementing decisions
- Write automated tests for product features (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Conducts training to provide technical expertise to end-users
- Tasks may include training for System Operator/Programmer, providing user activity education, and one-on-one support
What We Look For in a Candidate
- At Least 5-7 Years of Experience and Knowledge of:
- Groovy Script
- Thrives in a Software Community Environment
- Linux/Unix Systems (Red Hat/CentOS)
- Kernel, Utilities, Installation, package management
- Experience with JSON or XML
- Development of reliable, fault-tolerant software
- Jira Agile practices
- Experience with source code control (Git)
- Cloud-Ready Application Experience
- Automation Testing
- Bachelor's in CS/ECE or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking is a plus
Requisition #: 271333
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
72540Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
72540Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website