Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr Project Manager plays a critical role in Enterprise Data Governance in facilitating and managing enterprise initiatives aimed at improving internal processes and resulting data. Our customer data is critical to support the promises and challenges of the 4th Industrial Revolution and help our customers achieve amazing things. This individual will come ready with strong leadership and project management skills, a knack for engaging stakeholders from across an enterprise and a wide range of experience that allows them to flex across both technical IT partnered engagements and functional business solutions. Lastly, this individual will embrace and champion a culture of excellence, collaboration, continuous learning and most importantly fun.The Main Responsibilities
• Develop comprehensive, detailed project plan and monitor progress
• Coordinate internal resources for project execution
• Elicit business and system requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, and workflow analysis
• Determine and document operational solution, IT requirements, process and stakeholder impact
• Manage the implementation of process and system changes as defined
• Measure and communicate project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Develop metrics/reporting and present regularly to senior leadership on initiative(s) throughout project lifecycle
• Identify risks associated with project plan and drive action to mitigate/resolve
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and on/under budget
• Willingness to learn and leverage necessary project methodologies including Six Sigma, Lean, SDLC, and Agile
• Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study
• 3+ years of experience managing moderately complex / technical projects
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize projects across competing demands
• Strength in critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources and reconciliation of conflicts
• Experience defining and documenting processes and driving improvement via process measurement/metrics
• Successful at changing direction and/or priority to meet the needs of the business
• Successful track record of on time delivery of project deliverables
• Strong communication skills, with proven ability to successfully communicate to specific audience
• Comfortable presenting to executive and senior leadership
• Strong business acumen
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
• Experience with SQL and proficiency with data query tools (TOAD, PL/SQL Developer), ETL and stored procedures
• Experience with data analysis and/or reporting software: Tableau, Power BI, Infogix
• An applicable Project Management certification
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
• Knowledge of and experience with Software Development Life Cycle
Requisition #: 240935
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website