CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Engineers are expected to identify and design solutions for issues involving: new features, interoperability, vulnerability, system limits and constraints facing the platforms and products. In addition, engineers are responsible to evaluate current capabilities and predict future needs, then work with internal stakeholders, vendors and peers to anticipate, define, and pursue these capabilities.
A successful engineer is a strong communicator and relationship builder, who uses soft skills to persuade stakeholders to: achieve consensus, obtain commitment, and take action. The engineer is a de-facto leader in the organization and is committed to directly mentoring junior engineers and technicians, while consistently demonstrating behaviors aligned with our core values.The Main Responsibilities
- Perform engineering support.
- Assess operational business processes to ensure security is appropriately integrated.
- Assess potential risks with new applications and products and provide security requirements and recommendations for risk mitigation to help the business succeed with their projects.
Directly engages in advanced troubleshooting and delivery with stakeholders, including end customers.
- Consult as security subject matter expert with network architects, engineers, and others on solutions to security problems.
- Recommend new information security systems and controls to mitigate emerging threats and risks across the company.
- Ensure reports and findings are delivered in a timely and appropriate manner to management, operations and executive leadership.
- Recommend new security policy, standards, best practices, and system configuration standards. Consult with internal clients on security topics and policy interpretation.
- Identify higher risk areas of the corporate and carrier infrastructure for assessment.
- Coordinate activities across multiple departments and business units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- 6 years of experience, or 4 with Masters degree
- Masters Degree
- Ability and commitment to communicate effectively, consistently chooses communication methods to ensure critical information reaches and persuades intended audience
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to build partnerships with stakeholders and peers
- Possesses leadership qualities and persuades stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and commitment toward leading peers and stakeholders on critical projects and tasks; making, meeting and communicating progress.
Alternate Location: PL-Poznan-Poznan
Requisition #: 230791
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website