Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Be a part of our mission to further human progress through technology. Help us boost innovation and accelerate business as we enable companies to capitalize on emerging technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution!
Are you a driven and highly motivated recent or new grad with a passion for technology and working with customers? Start an AMAZING career with Lumen and join our July 2021 Solutions Engineer Academy, a College Connect sales development program.
Our Solutions Engineer (SE) academy was designed to put you on a path towards a successful career within a sales organization. Beginning with 12 weeks of immersive training & development to build your business acumen, sales and product knowledge, professional network, and customer-centric mindset. Upon successful completion of the class, trainees will transition into a Solutions Support Associate role within a major sales market; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia/DC area, Wisconsin.
About the SE Academy Experience:
• 2-year development program
• Initial 12 weeks of virtual immersive training, coaching, and development
• Training class dates: July 12 – September 30, 2021 (virtual, work from home)
• Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven sales leaders
• Understand Lumen's AMAZING platform and full product and solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market strategies
• Network with Sales Academy and SE class peers, sales leaders and business executives from all over the organization
• Upon completion of training, transition to a Solutions Support role within a major sales market; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia/DC area, or Wisconsin.
• Continued support, development, and coaching in the fieldThe Main Responsibilities
Work within the greater sales ecosystem to develop and document customer requirements, solution designs, service configurations, and project scopes of work in support of the delivery of network and IT solutions to business customers.
• Support and assist field Sales Engineering teams to identify and develop additional revenue opportunities.
• Provide general discovery, support, and education to customers and internal Lumen personnel on questions or issues arising from service.
• Research define and document service change requests where needed in support of service modification.
• Work with customer and company personnel to help identify and define technical. problems, determine and design the solution and assist customer in implementing the fix.
• Uncover and define customer solution and business development strategies, including the recommendation and communication of technology roadmaps to business customers.
• Present Lumen capabilities, solution concepts, and technology roadmaps to both internal and external audiences in both formal and informal business settings.
• Participate in marketing and networking events and activities with customer technical and business contacts.
• Provide continuous feedback and recommendations to Sales Engineering leadership on where processes, services, tools, and capabilities can be improved or evolved to ensure ongoing improvement in efficiency and service innovation.What We Look For in a Candidate
Bachelor's Degree required. Business, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Telecom, Networking, or similar degree (preferred).
• Entry level opportunity ideal for new or recent graduates with less than 2 years of experience.
• Basic understanding of communications, cloud, application, and information technologies and design.
• Strong communication skills with ability to convey business and technology concepts to a wide range of audiences and skillsets
• Comfortable speaking or presenting in an engaging manner to groups of professionals.
• Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to completion.
• Ability to show adaptability and resilience.
• Self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate individual, who can define impact by examples of customer service, projects, or work experience.
• Passion for customer service and desire to understand and introduce new technology to customer base.
• **Authorization to work in the US; sponsorship is not available for this program.**
• Ability to participate in the training program uninterrupted from July 12th - Sept 30th, 2021.What to Expect Next
Sourcing candidates for future opportunities, this is to build a source pool of qualified candidates for our July 2021 Solutions Engineer Academy Class. Applicants will need to complete a video interview within 5 days of application.
Requisition #: 242663
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position oryour current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
36090Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
36090Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website