Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Software Engineer II you will be responsible for maintaining and developing a Telcom billing system that generates invoices for more than 2 million customers per month. You will be responsible in a rotating fashion for afterhours on call support. The ideal candidate has the ability work independently to develop and design solutions that meet and/or exceed our key business initiatives. This person will also work with other team members within our group and also in a cross functional role with other systems and developers outside of our billing team.The Main Responsibilities
As a software engineer for our team, your time would be spent supporting daily billing cycles which includes:
- Triaging customer issues with current bill runs, writing and approving scripts to correct upstream data collection errors.
- Developing solutions for new product offerings which includes analyzing, coding, testing and implementation of various software components.
- Attending daily scrum meetings to provide updates on assigned work following the Agile methodology.
- Working closely with QA and bill validation resources to ensure proper testing and user acceptance of business partner requirements.
The types of tools and systems you might work with/learn while on this team are:
- Jenkins/Gitlab CI/CD/ or other automated build and deployment systems
- Clarity (time entry)
- JIRA Software development and tracking tool used by Agile teams
- VERTEX taxing systems
- Qualified candidates should possess a bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited University or have equivalent education and experience.
- Should have 2 5 years experience with C coding, Java, Perl, Python, Oracle PL/SQL, Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Additional experience with Zuora and Avalara billing and taxing systems is a plus.
Requisition #: 234673
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website