Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This position is a senior role implementing Managed Security Services (MSS) in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment. The SOC function is to provide customers with constant monitoring, protection, prevention, and detection services as well as reporting and incident analysis based on events collected from multiple sources. This position will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to design and implement operational support for DDOS mitigation.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Acts in a multi-discipline project leadership role working towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools, systems for customers.
- Frequent contact with customers, contractors, sales team, and other internal teams for the purpose of assessing complex requirements and issues.
- Represents the IT Security Services organization as a technical advisor with customers.
- Performs a project/process lead role within department. Formally mentors and/or trains lower-level engineers and peers within the department.
- Combines leadership and teaching skills across diverse disciplines in order to resolve unique, complex and/or chronic technical problems or issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills to effectively research investigate and offer solutions to issues that are more complex and difficult in nature.
- A high degree of discretion
- Excellent organization, planning and follow-up skills.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and an individual who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Candidate is considered a SME in DDoS operations.
- Knowledge of DDoS mitigation technologies – cloud, network, CPE – is desired. Arbor Networks / Radware expertise is a plus. Merging global operational support across on-net, off-net, and CPE-based products. Experience with multiple types of DDoS countermeasures (i.e. – vendor specific, flowspec, rate limiting, etc.) is desired.
- Expertise with routers and switches (i.e. – Juniper, CISCO), BGP routing, VRF/MPLS routing, static routing, Router configs, network load balancers, network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Troubleshooting skills of GRE, BGP, and Network/routers
- RADb and Arin experience/knowledge
- Experience with IPv4 and IPv6
- Expert knowledge of Packet inspection, ports, and protocols
- Excellent incident reporting skills are desired; forensics background is a plus. The ability to provide consulting, policy reviews, training, security audits and advisories, as well as support for malware/DDoS attacks, internal compromises, and other malicious events will be part of this skill set.
- Implementation of Cloud based and CPE based DDoS services.
- Participated in DDoS architecture projects
- Sound Unix/Linux background
- Any scripting knowledge would be desired
Acadamic and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equal work experience
- Security/Network related certifications preferred
Requisition #: 246193
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
71460Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
71460Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website