Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr ManagerEnterprise Desk Based Sales manages a team responsible for producing new and incremental sales and revenue growth within an assigned territory of customers. Sales is responsible for selling the full line of Lumen products and services to both existing and prospective customers.The Main Responsibilities
- Lead a sales team responsible for selling the company's products and services via telephone/web conferencing using a solution-based/consultative sales approach.
- Coach representatives to prospect their module, qualify leads, identify decision makers, determine customer needs, explain product/service variations, overcome customer objections and close sales.
- Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices, and performance management to determine appropriate action.
- Direct team with driving growth through upsell of assigned customer base and new logo acquisition. Responsible for funnel management, productivity, forecasting, and revenue analysis for team level performance metrics
- Hires and performance manages sales team and completes required sales documentation.
- Assign and administer Altify account plans for targeted customers in the base, to increase strategic positioning and enhance chances of selling across the portfolio
- Identify gaps in training and resources, make recommendations for improvements in process, systems and training.
- Identify gaps and future requirements for product and CX development to better meet customer needs in a competitive enterprise market
- Responsible for setting the overall action plan and for directing sales activities (including sales campaign development and management) consistent with business goals and objectives.
- Acts as a point of escalation with appropriate peer organizations for effective and prompt trouble resolution.
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Telecommunications industry experience.
- Ability to tactfully and professionally manage a team of individual contributors. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales, with 3 - 5 years consecutive, successful sales management experience within the last 5 years.
- Customer relationship and negotiation skills.
- Strong track record of leadership, peer-mentoring, and participation in organization initiatives.
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of business customer applications in IP, data and voice services with a demonstrated ability to position more complex and consultative solutions across the ITS, Enterprise Security and collaboration portfolio.
- Experience and knowledge of the customer base in the local market
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 250836
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
68670Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
68670Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website