Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Lumen Senior Accountant, you will provide timely and accurate accounting for assigned countries. This role ensures that all countries are recorded monthly and to accurately maintain all accounts on the respective balance sheets through reconciliation to the general ledger. Month over month, quarter over quarter and year over year variance analysis will be important part of monthly duties.The Main Responsibilities
- Monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities under US GAAP and statutory reporting under local GAAP for several entities
- Preparing EMEA Flash reports in Hyperion
- M/end EMEA commissions and capopex accounting
- Preparation of monthly variance commentary for accounting movements (p/l and b/s)
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, as per the Group timetable using OneStream
- Providing support to the annual US GAAP audit and quarterly review processes
- Close liaison with EMEA FP&A to assist with commentary against forecast for key Opex accounting areas
- Close working with the EMEA Tax team on annual tax computations, CIS returns, ad-hoc VAT issues and preparing quarterly forecasting
- Working with Internal Audit on queries; with Procurement and AP to ensure consistency of accounting and clean balance sheet monthly positions
- Assisting the Director, Accounting with ad-hoc projects
• Experience within a similarly sized entity or from an accounting firm
• Strong knowledge of core accounting principles
• Degree educated
• ACA qualified, otherwise ACCA or CIMA qualified also will be considered
• Several years post qualification experience as a minimum
• Experience of SAP would be advantageous
• IFRS and or US GAAP reporting experience
Requisition #: 231454
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website