Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career with the experience of working in a blue-chip US multinational technology company, based in our Basingstoke offices.
You will be part of a team of twelve, the core hours of work are Monday to Friday 08:30-17:30, working 40 hours per week.
The Provisioner for EMEA Managed IP Service Activation (MIPSA) is responsible for the complete activation (test and turn-up) of complex managed and unmanaged IP solutions across the EMEA region.
Working as a member of the European Service Activation team, the Service Activation Provisioner will be responsible for the test and deployment of Layer 2 and 3 customer Internet access solutions in existing and new markets / European and transatlantic customer transport orders across the Global Network. At all times ensuring the implementation meets customer expectations and business revenue requirements.The Main Responsibilities
- Manage implementation of customer orders to both meet customer expectations and deliver order revenue in line with business commitments. Ensuring SLA's are adhered to and customer expectations are fulfilled.
- Ensure the veracity of customer service designs by completing CenturyLink standard testing/customer specific testing over both Century Link network elements and third party leased components.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction is maintained at all times by achieving delivery targets.
- Identify chronic failures and implement relevant service improvement plans to ensure a long-term resolution of these failures.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience of configuration and troubleshooting of customer services on a large IP network, for an Internet Service Provider or Telecommunications Operator and including the following:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of TCP/IP and OSI– IP Services Protocol Suite;
- BGP design and configuration skills, over a SONET/SDH transport layer / Ethernet.
- Hands-on configuration experience of a wide range of Cisco, Juniper and Alcatel-Lucent hardware, and associated operating systems;
- IPVPN/ MPLS configuration skills.
- Working knowledge of VPLS technology.
- Experience of: IPv6, OSPF, EIGRP, NAT, HSRP, VLANs, layer 2 switching.
- Sound communication skills.
- Proven experience in Network Telecommunications or related service industry.
- CCNA; CCNP or CCNP Service Provider preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Self-motivated and creative thinker.
Requisition #: 238730
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website