Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Working independently under minimal supervision, responsible for the planning of the fibre optic network related capacity and equipment that is deemed necessary by the Network Planning & Implementation organization (Fibre Planning & Implementation). Performs a wide spectrum of simple to difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes all routine tasks for major or multiple projects and is periodically called upon to make independent decisions. Has strong internal and external networking skills. May act as a project/team lead and mentor others.The Main Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of the telecommunications industry, specifically related to the physical fiber layer and equipment supporting fiber connectivity for the deployment of telecommunication related capacity.
- Planning\design of fibre network to agreed fibre architectures.
- Using various design software packages such as GIS, Visio, CAD to create professional job packs for issue to Field Operations Organisation.
- Coordinates with other groups regarding any deviation required on project.
- Forecast and administer CAPEX budgets related to designed infrastructure projects
- Develops/defines plans for the implementation of new plant construction or modifications to existing facilities.
- Prepares plans and specifications, to include gathering field data.
- Assures that the most feasible, practical and economical means to complete the work are utilized. Provides cost data to support capital planning and budgeting.
- Monitors and controls project expenditures.
- Oversees the installation/construction and testing of plant facilities.
- Skilled in planning and/or engineering.
- Requires direction and guidance with few tasks.
- Fully seasoned with 10+ years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong data/economic analysis skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with an intense focus on quality
- Proven track record as adept and effective project manager
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and communications skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio & SQL
- Positive and professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor
- Master's degree in related field and 7+ years of related experience
- Experience in an engineering role that included a substantial business/financial focus
Requisition #: 229631
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website