Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
At Lumen our employees are our most valuable asset; many employees have built successful careers at Lumen, growing with us as we have expanded to serve new markets with new technologies. We value the highest ethical standards applied to a positive work environment and seek out people with new perspectives as we acquire talent in careers that will support our continued growth.
Outside Sales Representative
Joining the Lumen Field Sales team is an excellent opportunity for you to work in the competitive technology solutions industry.
The Lumen Field Sales organization is comprised of our outside sales teams and our account manager teams all of which work in our local markets in a variety of consumer and small business sales segments. You will have an opportunity to learn our dynamic business and work with field based partners and resources. You will work directly with our customers to provide solutions that improve lives, strengthen businesses, and connect communities by delivering advanced technologies and solutions with honest and personal service.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base pay based on your experience and skills
- Generous sales incentives
- Paid training
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- Wellness rewards
- Discounts on Lumen and partner products and services
- 401(k) with company match (from day one)
- Tuition reimbursement (after three months of service)
- Exciting career opportunities and career development
Regular Full-Time employees are scheduled to work at least forty (40) hours per calendar week for an indefinite period of time.
- Manage relationships and meet with assigned multi-dwelling units (MDUs) in your territory.
- Build rapport, train, explain roles and responsibilities, provide marketing material, seek out event opportunities to increase penetration and generate revenue.
- Meet and exceed revenue and assigned strategic product unit targets within assigned MDUs.
- Ensure compliance of agreements within assigned locations that have an active Lumen marketing and partner agreements.
- Work closely with other channels in marketing Lumen's products and services. Engage assigned locations in existing and new programs offered by Lumen. Identify potential marketing and service contract opportunities within assigned portfolio. Facilitate an evaluation and advance the contract process.
- Become an expert in the competitive environment and be able to communicate regarding competitive offerings while effectively positioning Lumen as the best telecommunications choice for assigned locations.
- Identify opportunities for business referrals within assigned portfolio.
- Participate in activities that promote Lumen products and services, i.e., trade fairs, city events, etc.
- Build territory by distributing and maintaining current marketing materials.
- Probe and problem solve with customers to offer the right product solutions based on their needs as customer interaction opportunities present themselves.
- Meet monthly sales goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Complete daily activity logs, sales reports, etc.
- Manage mileage and expense reports.
- Maintain valid driver's license, adequate automobile insurance coverage and must have appropriate working vehicle for transportation.
- Performance measures include revenue attainment, unit goal attainment, penetration of customer base and customer retention.
- 3 years outside sales experience preferred.
- Ability to achieve goals and determine priorities.
- Required to learn company rate plans and products: high-speed internet, Satellite TV, residential telephone, and wireless.
- Required to work varying hours including weekends, evenings and holidays. Relationship building skills are required for this position with the ability to work with internal and external clients at various levels.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined and provide prompt follow-up to all customer inquiries.
- Will build and maintain accurate and up-to-date strategic account plans.
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily activities and results.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills are imperative.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all aspects of computer work including internet searches etc.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently and be able to effectively multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Daily work and tasks are subject to change.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record (MVR).
Requisition #: 248943
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
27516Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
27516Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website