Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Manages the daily operations of the outside fiber plant to include engineering, permitting, contracting, designing and maintenance of new building adds and existing fiber facility relocations. Responsible for design and development of complex outside plant (OSP) equipment installations, modifications and upgrades. Maintains fiber splice records, network topography records and fiber mapping and as-builts in corporate inventory systems. Works closely with other carriers, engineering firms, local/ state agencies and building owners/landlords on new building adds and relocations.
Utilizes a variety of systems for the processing and reporting of work activities, inventorying OSP facilities, documentation of projects and managing various budgets to include but not limited to new construction and route maintenance/protection.
Maintains the security of the outside fiber plant (OSP) network, either aerial and/or underground, throughout area of responsibility by managing cable location, by locating contractors and initiating protection activities.
Works closely with other carriers, local/ state agencies and building owners/landlords on new building adds and relocations.
Works closely with upstream groups, completes fiber verification requests, project estimations, designs, bids, permits and manages construction of new building adds.
Monitors infrastructure builds and reviews/punch lists and approves work meets industry construction standards.
Prepares project timelines, prepares and tracks budgets and provides detailed weekly status reports.
Obtains value added contractors/subcontractors for engineering, permitting and construction of OSP infrastructure.
Obtains and manages contractors for route protection. Maintains fiber splice records, network topography records and fiber mapping.
Directs emergency restoration and mitigation activities required for the OSP network. This could include fiber optic damages, natural disasters, power failures and other events.
Manages contract and/or employee fiber splicers.
Provides on the job divisional training to employees and oversees contractors to ensure the proper method and procedures of facility protection and maintenance are followed. This includes the use of locating equipment, use of Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDR) and troubleshooting tone generation/reception in field.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Strong background and understanding of telecommunications outside plant construction and managing network related construction projects with successful results (scope, schedule, and budget).
- Highly professional and motivated.
- Understanding of contracts management and project accounting.
- Creative problem solver.
- Proven results in building strong peer level relationships.
- 5 plus years of experience in permitting, engineering, contractor management, fiber splicing, project management, different types of underground and aerial cable plant installation and maintenance.
- Strong OSP construction knowledge with ability to read/red-line construction drawings to facilitate new builds, relocations and emergency repairs
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, managerial, and leadership skills
- Ability to perform a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes responsibility for contribution to the success of major or multiple projects, and is periodically called upon to make decisions.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, databases, and flowcharts.
- Experience in computer aided drafting (CAD) programs.
- Ability to be on-call on a 24/7/365 basis.
- A valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Field – Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 75 lbs.; valid driver's license required; works in all weather conditions.
Requisition #: 237738
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position oryour current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min $56610 Salary Max $126120
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. Were able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting https://lumenbenefits.com.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Apply on company website