Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
IP Implementation & Deployment Manager
The IP Implementation and Deployment Manager has responsibility for a team of implementation and deployment engineers, making augments and changes to a variety of IP and Metro Ethernet platforms across the EMEA region. The team comprises about 10 staff, spread across various EMEA locations.
Performs a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring a mixture of detailed analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes responsibility for contribution to the success of major or multiple deployment projects. Handles all of the administrative duties such as distributing the workload in support. Responsible for the KPI performance of team, which is primarily focused upon setting and meeting dates for build activities.
Must have a strong customer focus and functions as lead and mentor to others. This function entails line manager duties.The Main Responsibilities What We Look For in a Candidate
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities and Experience.
- Experience of working in a telecommunications or IT business with managerial responsibilities.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, coaching, managerial, and leadership skills, and be accountable for the work of the IP Implementation and Deployment team, as this position will be responsible for all team administration to include performance appraisals, training and team development.
- Experience of working an Implementation & Deployment environment
- Good knowledge of multiple IP protocols and technologies, carrier grade IP platforms, and of systems configurations as used within the network.
- General understanding of TCP/IP Services Protocol Suite.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively present and receive complex information.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to excel when working in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have PC skills and be well versed in MS Windows and Office Applications
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn corporate databases & applications.
- Needs to have functional knowledge of Inside Plant (ISP) disciplines, fiber optic, electrical and other related telecom practices conforming to Industry standards.
- Position may require some travel and overtime requirements as dictated by business demands.
- May be required to work outside of standard hours as required by management
- All IP Implementation and Deployment activities are performed in line with pre-defined objectives, often quantified in metric terms. It is essential that the Manager understands and performs against departmental and company targets.
Requisition #: 228071
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website