Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Manager Region Operations will manage the service offerings, repair service and warehouse functions, fleet maintenance of the Field operating district and ensures that high-quality, and reliable services are provided to customers on a timely basis.The Main Responsibilities
- Establishing operational objectives and work plans.
- Provides superior leadership, including the ability to identify key business drivers, influencing others to ensure all installation and maintenance functions are performed to meet and exceed customer expectations and company objectives.
- Budget development and accountability for the designated area of responsibility, as well as for the direct leadership and development of a team of supervisors, career professionals and non-exempt associates.
- Manages the operations of a specified geographical area, this includes but is not limited to the management of all field supervisors and technical employees.
- The position is responsible to ensure network reliability levels are maintained throughout the state of Washington, the operating and equipment budget is created and administered.
- The position is also responsible for relationships with local communities and government.
- Central point of contact for most consumer and small business services within the specified footprint in the Washington market area as well as all partner organizations looking for ownership of customer experiences.
- Incumbent has contact with all division departments to coordinate input and completion of projects; to gain information on district expenditures or purchases; keep an open line of communications and resolve employee relation's issues; and to deal with any other matters that need attention. Additionally, contact with customers and outside contractors to answer questions and resolve problems; with community representatives to promote the Company; and with other telecommunications companies to share information.
- Managing multiple activities in a rapidly changing technological environment, at the same time, maintaining a high profile in the community by being active in the Chamber of Commerce, service groups and the City government.
- Must work within the framework of the overall operation by blending department responsibilities into an efficient, effective result.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to plan, organize and schedule multiple projects and staff to accommodate rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education or experience. Typically 5-7 years related experience and 2+ years previous manager level leadership experience.
- Minimum 7-9 years experience in the Telecommunications industry: working with processes such as repair center operations, dispatch operations, central office operations, outside plant activities and business service delivery or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills acquired through previous experience in a supervisory or managerial role. Experience successfully working with union (bargained for) employees is also a strong benefit.
- Pro-actively seeks new opportunities to increase operational efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute short- and long-term objectives in a team environment.
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills and ability to successfully deliver presentations to executive level
- Possess strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to analyze and manage financial data and capital and expense budgets.
- Strong level of skillset with data analysis including spreadsheet management of raw data conversions, pivot tables and other analytical toolsets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, demands with competing priorities, all while making timely decisions.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-pace, results driven organization.
- Must be able to prepare presentations and clearly articulate the position being taken in the presentations.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills that allow the candidate the ability to meet results working with other departments, internal and external customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 247998
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
97740Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
97740Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website