Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Hosting compute department is accountable for all platform support for Lumen managed hosting Clients, Comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment and interacting closely with Problem management.
The Lead IT Systems Engineer is responsible for leading the technical relationship of one or more Lumen clients. They will provide superior support to a subset of Lumen Clients in a complex hosting solutions environment. Review, approve and execute change requests to ensure successful change management. They will troubleshoot systems incidents to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair. Responsible for ensuring a positive Client relationship. They will ensure the Operations Centre has all documentation necessary to understand and support their clients
The role will be working on a shift pattern from Monday to Friday. The hours worked are a standard 8 hour day anytime between the hours of 07:00 and 19:00. Shift is subject to change to cater to operations requirements.The Main Responsibilities
• Identify, resolve, and/or escalate hosting issues according to procedural documentation and training
• Creative problem-solving to identify the source of problems
• Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of Client environments
• Through Client consultation, realize growth opportunities for production Client environments.
• Provide guidance to adjacent support tiers to assist in resolution of complex network, system and security incidents
• Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
• Partner with the Problem Management Centre to reduce re-occurring incidents
• Provide consultative assistance to the Operations Centre during off hours as needed
• Review system and network configurations with Service Delivery to ensure successful implementation of services into production
• Perform incident trend analysis to promote a stable solution within the environment.
• Logging cases to 3rd party vendors requesting assistance on unresolved issues.
• Other duties as assigned
• A commitment to delivering a superior Client experience through direct interaction with Clients during support and change management
• Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
• Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
• Ability to work well in team environment
• Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
• Detailed working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris System), Linux (Redhat), and VMware ESX
• Administration & comprehensive experience of configuring Sun Hardware, HP servers, Blade technology.
• Veritas volume manager experience essential, along with working knowledge of Veritas and Sun clustering products.
• Redhat Clusters and GFS
• Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills essential
• Excellent troubleshooting and configuration experience of internet protocols which include and not limited to HTTP, TCP/IP, SSH, SFTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP
• Knowledgeable in Linux Volume Manager (LVM), EXT3, VMFS
• Knowledgeable in web server technologies such as SSL, load balancer
• Script writing experience, .e.g: Shell scripting, Perl
• Pro-active team player
• Positive and adaptable attitude – able to perform all Operations Center job function as required
• At least having 8 years or more of experience in the same area
• Redhat Certification
• VMware Certification
• Good customer front facing experience
• Having good networking concept which include static route, Firewall, VPN, load balancers
Requisition #: 239938
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website