Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen's SLM engineering team is looking for a Security Engineer in Ashburn, VA USA. This team works within AWS cloud services to monitor customer log events. This position will support the ongoing operations of SLM infrastructure that is used to analyze threats. A knowledgeable Engineer with a passion for learning and running systems is the type of person we are looking for. This is a small team full of people that love to learn new things. If you enjoy being at the cutting edge of technology and making the Internet a safer place, then this is the job for you.The Main Responsibilities
This position is for a DevOps engineering team within the SLM department. The work effort of the role is focused on the ongoing operational support of a multi-regional application.
What the candidate will contribute to the team:
- Extract system performance metrics and create alerts and dashboards for monitoring
- Respond to alerts as they arise and troubleshoot system issues
- Tune and make system optimizations at the direction of our Platform Engineer and Architect
Desired candidates experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Linux and operating systems concepts
- Troubleshooting production issues
- Issue tracking tools
- Deployment tools
- Git workflow: create issue, create branch, check in, test, review, deploy
- Creating documents for automation and troubleshooting
Well experienced candidates may also have the following skills:
- Knowledge of AWS Services
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- System level scripting and automation (shell/python)
- Mentoring and leading projects
- Development of production components and tools
- Developing a plan for converting a manual task to an automated task
Requisition #: 240243
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website