Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Responsible for sales account development within an established geographic territory for a moderately complex set of products and services using an array of prospecting activities.The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities by contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Develops and implements actions to create additional opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company. Assists in creating account plans and strategies to win new business from both new as well as existing customers.
- Develops and manages customer relationships for assigned accounts in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Learns and develops further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's product application technologies.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction and ability to provide assistance to sales force.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- Working knowledge of selling IP, data, and voice network services.
- Experience in business communications application sales is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
Requisition #: 241097
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website