The New Store Opening Specialist is responsible for providing training and support for new stores in assigned area and related sub-departments in each new store. This position will also support existing stores with follow-up training, mentoring, best practices, re-sets, problem-solving, processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Walk new store construction to identify punch-list items.
- Manage departmental small wares and supply lists.
- Oversee the development and lead all new store Office Managers during the pre-opening period.
- Assist, as needed, in the hiring, mentoring, coaching, and development of Office Managers by partnering with Store Director and in fostering the development of future Managers.
- Coordinate initial delivery of any Office Manager Department equipment and tools.
- Trains and oversees processing payroll according to procedures, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payroll checks
- Assures Office Manager's ability to effectively process New Hire, First Report of Injury and other HR related responsibilities in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- Provides coaching and training in accounting functions and employment laws and other office management functions.
- Help establish and maintain all A/P and data entry processes.
- Collaborate to develop programs that will continuously improve the quality of our Office Managers' knowledge, training, and customer service.
- Work on special projects within the Support Office of Lucky's Market.
- 90 % travel is required in this position.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Four to six years of directly related experience in natural and organic retail grocery.
- Two to four years of office management experience in a multi-unit format.
- Must have experience in new store openings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep working knowledge of natural and organic retail grocery merchandising and operations.
- Passion for the industry and broad knowledge of its potential impact on the customer are all pre-requisites.
- Continued education and a drive for continuous learning is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, financial statements, government regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to write presentations and present information effectively to store management, public groups, suppliers and team members
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work professionally with a positive attitude is a requirement
- Demonstrated leadership in managing budgets, timelines, expectations and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and planning skills
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the vendor community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills but can "roll up the sleeves" to get things done.
- Demonstrated understanding of P&L management and budget development.
- Passion for food, people and the willingness to explore, expand and learn. Also the willingness to share knowledge and inspire passion in others.
- Ability to travel and commute
- Commitment to achieving excellence.
- Superior organizational skills for follow-through and the ability to juggle and prioritize
- Strong work ethic, lead by example.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Travel up to 80% of the time – must possess valid active driver's license.
- Potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending on concrete floors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness and ability to enter cold cases, coolers and freezers, thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Need to be able to remain calm during occasional moments of high stress when dealing with systems, vendors, customers and team members.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision and/or in a highly visible team environment.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Apply on company website