Review electronic files that are received from clients and check them for thoroughness and completeness in advance of the plate making process.
- Using electronic page layout software (desktop publishing software) manipulate the format of the print job to the dimensions of the paper.
- Determine page layout, accounting for folds, trims, bleeds and gripper, and add crop marks and color bars as necessary.
- Identify missing or problematic components and communicate them to the Customer Service Representative, customer, and production personnel.
- Work directly with Customer Service Representative, customer, and production personnel as necessary to work out any problems with the job.
- Load customer supplied electronic files for output, onto the Pre-Press file server.
- Create an electronic image of the pages to create manufacturing proofs used by the Press and Bind operators during the manufacturing process. May prepare color proofs for customer review.
- Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Mac's and PC's. Good understanding of digital file formats (pdf, tiff, eps) from different operating systems (Mac and PC) is required.
- Basic color management skills and the ability to work with different digital file formats are required.
- Must have the ability to output digital files to various output devices; must have the ability to continue to learn and use new graphics software on an ongoing basis.
- Must have an understanding of the offset printing process and how one color affects another.
- Mechanical skills using small hand tools in order to make minor repairs and perform maintenance on a flatbed scanner, imagesetter, and automated film processing equipment is required.
- Job requires ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $17.95
Apply on company website