Under direction of lead Bindery Operator, reads work order or follows verbal instructions to assist in the operation of the binding line. Responsible for loading printed materials in a specific order into bindery equipment. Move finished product from the binding line and stack neatly onto pallets, carts, or trays. May count, weigh, and record the number of units of materials moved or handled on a daily production sheet. Complete ID tags and packaging slips to ensure accurate tracking for the shipping department. Install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools. May use an automatic banding machine or pallet wrapping machine to prepare the final product for shipping. May occasionally operate forklift or pallet jack to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload and rotate items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a bindery operator or supervisor.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Basic skill in the use of manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $13.20
Apply on company website