Troubleshoot, repair, install, modify, test & maintain new and existing electrical/electronic circuits, systems, components and controls of building & manufacturing equipment. Install, modify & repair electrical/electronic systems, apparatus and components of new & existing building & manufacturing equipment & controls while following guidelines of the National Electrical Code, Local Electrical Code, schematic diagrams, manufacturers manuals & specifications. Use laptop computer, internet, telephone support, email, electrical/electronic test equipment, hand tools and power tools required to perform job functions.
Position Specific Details:
- This is a rotating shift position
- $.30 shift differential for shifts other than first
- Must apply advanced electrical theory and related knowledge to the operation, troubleshooting, repair and installation of a variety of electrical/electronic systems and equipment, such as: single and multiple phase alternating current circuits of varying voltage, current & frequency; DC power and control circuits; 480 VAC 3 Phase power wiring, distribution & control systems in an industrial environment. Gather and analyze data to help identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must understand use of computers & laboratory electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Must have knowledge of wire sizes & types, conduits, couplings, fittings, electrical boxes, circuit breakers and other electrical control devices with the ability to arrange and install them in a way that insures proper and safe operation relative to the National Electric Code & Local Electrical Code.
- Must be able to read and interpret building system blueprints and manufacturing equipment electrical drawings, wiring diagrams & schematics; use trade formulas to calculate properties of AC and DC electrical circuits such as: voltage, current, power and resistance; use the National Electrical Code to determine required size & type of wire, conduit, wireways, electrical boxes, and circuit protection of AC & DC electrical circuits.
- Must understand the use of PLCs, PLC programming software, local & distributed I/O systems, DC drives, AC variable frequency drives.
- Must be able to use a laptop computer or manufacturer provided interface to upload/download programs and parameters into associated controllers.
- Advanced level use of personal computers running Windows based operating system and MS Office software package.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Start Rate: $27.00
Apply on company website