Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or components. Responsible for laying up, feeding or piling down materials at equipment. Jog product off counter stacker and stack neatly on skid to assure good running in bindery or mailing department. Separate signatures by hand based on customer specifications. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet. Complete skid flags and packaging slips to ensure accurate tracking. Install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher. May occasionally operate automated equipment and/or industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.Position Specific Details:
- Rotating shift position.
- $0.30 (USD) shift differential for second shift and $0.40 (USD) for third.
- Good knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic warehouse procedures, and the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instructions.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Good skill in the use of shrink-wrap and strapping equipment, powered lift equipment, pallet jacks, manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- May require skill in operating/using forklift truck.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Start Rate: $15.00
Apply on company website