The RDC Operations Team Member is primarily responsible for receiving, putting away, picking and shipping product within a distribution center. This role is responsible for maintaining quality by properly and safely handling the product, using customer focused distribution. The activities performed by this role are instrumental in a facility achieving or exceeding key performance indicator metrics.
· Works safely while performing tasks and while using equipment (e.g., uses proper lifting techniques for handling product, warns other associates when moving into high traffic path, maintains safety zone around equipment)
· Handles product accurately and efficiently while receiving, putting away, picking and shipping product in order to contribute to achieving or exceeding demand turn targets for the facility
· Performs tasks in other areas as assigned by the Operations Coach
· Achieves or exceeds personal performance targets by performing assigned on-standard tasks efficiently and effectively
· Performs safety inspection of equipment prior to use; handles and operates equipment and tools safely
• Required to work a set schedule that may be changed/modified by management based on the needs of the facility.
• Requires availability to work morning, afternoon, nights, or weekends depending upon assigned shift and overtime based on the needs of the facility.
• Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
Physical Job Requirements
• Move throughout all areas of the facility with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
• Stand, sit and/or walk continuously with or without reasonable accommodation and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
• Bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb (ladders, stairs), balance, and/or crouch daily to accomplish work activities.
• Operate powered equipment (e.g., forklift, center rider) with continual mounting and dismounting throughout the work day.
• Minimally must be able to lift 40 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, dusty or drafty conditions.
• Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level enough to cause marked distraction.
• Exposure to shaking objects and equipment.
• Exposure to large, stacked product and fast-moving powered equipment.
• Exposure to varying light levels while transitioning in and out of the building at various times of the work day.
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Strong safety orientation and proven record of complying with safety requirements
• Demonstrated track record of consistent and reliable on-the-job contribution
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision or with a team
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Experience in distribution center operations or previous warehouse experience
• Experience operating power equipment (e.g., forklift, reach truck, yard truck)
• Experience performing detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced working environment
• Experience using spatial reasoning to position product effectively
• Basic math and reading comprehension skills
• Basic computer skills
Apply on company website