The primary purpose of the Site HR Business Partner is to provide consultative support and partnership to the leaders and associates in his/her assigned sites to drive critical human capital initiatives and associated business results. This role leads a team of HR Coaches and HR SSAs responsible for driving the HR initiative at the location. This role leads activities and ensures successful achievement of objectives related to employee engagement, workforce management, performance management, talent development, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, communications, and change management. The Site HR Business Partner impacts overall business performance and employee engagement by providing strategic, creative, and collaborative leadership across assigned location and positions. Further, this role proactively diagnoses issues and opportunities and takes necessary action to bring timely resolution. To be successful, the individual in this role must influence business leaders and build strong, cross-functional relationships. In addition, this person must have knowledge of the HR functions and associated HR policies, approaches, and environmental constraints, as well as relevant HR laws and regulations. This role is critical to Lowe\'s as it aligns HR strategy plans and helps leaders implement plans within specific sites.
• Partners with leaders in the planning process to ensure strategic plans drive business results, optimize customer service and align with company values.
• Contributes to the development of people strategies that support business strategies and objectives and help to drive business and organizational performance.
• Supports and influence key operational and strategic decisions.
• Understands the general business conditions that affect their industries, functions and geographical regions while staying current on the research and trends within HR to present an informed point of view.
• Identifies development solutions and provides consulting to leaders on how to effectively accelerate the development of associates (i.e. exposure events, project assignments, coaching, etc.).
• Promotes high-performance through coaching, constructive and honest regular feedback, and the annual performance evaluation process.
• Provides guidance, coaching, and consultation regarding leading people and organizational management practices to develop site people leaders.
• Manages and supervises a team of HR Coaches and HR SSAs. Includes the performance management, development, coaching and training to ensure the continued upskilling of the building HR team.
• Encourages associates and people leaders to embrace new philosophies, technologies, and company initiatives.
• Partners with site leadership to engage and coach associates on the floor to promote a customer service culture.
• Provides input to HR COEs regarding specific functional strategies, programs, and practices to ensure that they meet business needs. Serves as an advocate for business leaders and managers.
• Leverages human capital expertise to advise and hold sites accountable for sustaining engagement action plans (e.g., by suggesting tactics, acting as a sounding board, and reviewing and approving actions plans within assigned area).
• Uses organizational diagnostics (e.g., surveys, workforce analysis, HR compliance reporting, etc.) to proactively identify and react to key talent/employee engagement challenges and opportunities in the business. Partners with leaders and HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to craft, select, implement, and/or support solutions (e.g., team or individual assessments, manager assimilations, team building events, coaching, customized training, or other appropriate actions).
• Promotes adoption and effective use of company programs such as reward, recognition, talent, and communication programs; as needed, leverages HR COEs for support and deep subject matter expertise.
• Participates in the interview and selection process for site people leaders to ensure consistent quality of leadership.
• Leads talent assessment and development discussions with site leaders leveraging program, approach, and template guidelines provided by HR COEs.
• Leads conversations with site teams on sourcing, recruiting and staffing plans (e.g., spring, seasonal conversions) and partners with Talent Acquisition team to determine and support hiring plans.
• Coach leaders on change management strategies and resistance management techniques in accordance with the Lowe's change management methodology.
• In partnership with other business leaders, create strategies to identify and overcome barriers (e.g., by facilitating meetings/conversations to identify root-cause issues of change blockers and coaching managers on appropriate tactics to mitigate or overcome issues).
• Develops and implements plans to ensure exceptional results from change initiatives.
• Bachelor\'s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
• 6+ years progressive HR experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and/or authority
• 4+ years HR Generalist experience across multiple disciplines (e.g., workforce planning; talent acquisition; career development) while interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
• 4+ years' experience managing or supervising others, with either direct or indirect report responsibility
• 4+ years' experience working in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff
• Master's degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
• 2+ years' experience working in multiple locations
• Demonstrated experience developing, adapting, or facilitating training
• Demonstrated experience actively serving as a strategic business partner for other parts of the organization
• Relevant professional certifications (e.g., Professional in Human Resources)
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Apply on company website