Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to design cross-functional solutions for highly complex requirements while ensuring that applications work in concert across Lowe's. This includes leading the development, configuration, or modification of new solutions for the business and resolving architectural or design deficiencies. In addition, this role provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures.
This individual has a deep knowledge and understanding of Software and uses this insight to support Technology senior leadership. This includes partnering with Enterprise Architects to discuss long-term Technology strategy and providing objective information and data to help inform and drive critical Technology decisions.
• Provides consultation on business requirements and functional specifications in logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions; facilitates the transition to high level design and supports the project lifecycle with input from executive leadership where needed.
• Contributes to and leverages the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight and guidance for the design and coding of component‐based applications.
• Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with technology teams and business leaders to resolve escalated issues.
• Offers expertise in troubleshooting complex systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for cross‐functional application initiatives.
• Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed throughout the product lifecycle with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures.
• Has detailed knowledge of software architecture; makes technical trade‐offs between short‐term team needs and long‐term business needs; determines how to apply and/or reuse technologies across different areas of the company.
• Sets the standard for engineering, test, and operational excellence, drives best practices across organizations; builds proof‐of‐concepts (POC) and proof‐of‐technologies (POT).
• Solves significantly complex or endemic problems; architectures are exemplary in terms of robustness, stability, scalability, cost effectiveness.
• Mentors and advises others, sharing an in‐depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
• Reviews the development or modification of highly complex, enterprise level software solutions.
• Develops and validates highly complex software design prototypes, ensuring software designs adhere to company architecture standards.
• Provides expert insight into best practices for delivering successful validation and testing of highly complex software solutions; advises on best approach for unique and challenging testing scenarios.
• Provides expert recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for software solution designs and identifies specific interfaces and methods required to support software solutions.
• Provides input into departmental budget forecasting and allocation decision.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 10 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 8 years of experience in database technologies
• 8 years of experience working on projects involving the implementation of solutions applying development lifecycles (SDLC)
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 8 years of IT experience developing and implementing systems within an organization
• 8 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• 8 years of experience working with application and integration middleware
• 6 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 6 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 8 years of experience working with source code control systems
• Experience working with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools
• 8 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website