Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to support Knowledge Management by supporting the following tasks:
Assist in developing and documenting our information infrastructure, taxonomy, metadata, data and knowledge standards
Audit of current state knowledge management content
Support Knowledge Management improvement projects
Ensure accurate, consistent and easy to use content
Design user experience and develop business requirements to enhance knowledge management
Identify special techniques to improve content templates, research and author style guides of knowledge management
Establish ad hoc and standard reports to stimulate analytics and data affecting decisions to enhance experience
• Supports process improvement efforts that may involve stakeholders from multiple functional areas by collaborating with key subject matter experts as appropriate; facilitates process improvement sessions; applies knowledge of business process analysis and business process modeling to identify current state gaps in order to develop process improvement solutions; maintains policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures beyond the immediate project time frame in order to remain relevant with changing business needs; assists with the implementation of process improvements by helping to define the tools and methods to measure and track process performance; tracks key measures such as measures of success (MOS), policies, processes, and standard operating procedures.
• Helps to facilitate collaboration on process improvement best practices and tools by working with internal business partners to improve, implement, and support best practice tools to improve business process effectiveness and efficiency throughout operations; utilizes approved tools and resources; aligns with business partners and receiving input from key stakeholders; and contributes to business requirements gathering, process design, communication, documentation, and implementation.
• Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly shares information and knowledge with coworkers and customers; seeks performance feedback; adapts to and learns from change, difficulties, and feedback; pursues Lean Six Sigma certification.
• Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; builds an understanding of procedures, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborates with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; understands priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicates progress and information; identifies and recommends ways to address improvement opportunities when possible.
• Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience in process design, process improvement, operations, communications, or efficiency improvement roles OR 5 years' experience in process design, process improvement, operations, communications, or efficiency improvement roles.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
• Master's Degree.
• 2 years business process experience (developing, designing, and implementing policies, processes, and standard operating procedures within an organization).
• 2 years retail business operations experience in collaborating in a diverse, cross functional corporate environment.
• 2 years' experience using process design applications.
• Project management credential (e.g. PMP).
• Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent certification.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website