Central Services Technician - Per Diem, VAR/Weekends (LACH)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Central Services Tech is responsible for maintaining appropriate stock on nursing floors, answering phone requests, and the retrieval and cleaning of contaminated equipment. Prepares crash carts, urology carts and intubation trays. Ensures the ordering, pick up, and up to date inventory of rental equipment is completed accurately and in a timely manner. Inspects and removes expired items on the floors and/or Central Supply. Enters issued items and patient charges in appropriate computer system. Participates on special projects and departmental performance improvement projects as requested. Performs related clerical functions.
- Provides hospital with timely retrieval and cleaning of contaminated equipment to standards. Prepares crash carts, urology carts, and intubation trays. Ensures the ordering, pick up, and up to date inventory of rental equipment is completed accurately and in a timely manner. Enters issued items and patient charges in appropriate computer system. Ensures infection control procedure compliance. Performs all Central Supply duties in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and standards.
- Ensures appropriate stock of supplies on nursing floors. Maintains an appropriate inventory of supplies and ensures that supplies are in kept in appropriate storage areas. Provides list of out of stock supplies to appropriate contact. Assists in receiving and following up on supply deliveries. Orients and trains others, as assigned.
- Accurately prepares documents, forms, and reports, and completes ad hoc projects/duties in a timely manner, as assigned. Establishes and maintains effective filing systems, provides excellent customer service and telephone coverage, and completes additional clerical duties as assigned. Ensures the work area is clean, clutter free, and organized.
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Ensure patients privacy and dignity at all times.
Minimum Education: None.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year of experience in a Central Services/Supplies Department required. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Computer literacy and proficiency.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Central Service Technician, Technologist, Patient Care Service, Decontaminating, Cleaning, Processing, Assembling, Sterilizing, Medical Devices, Medical Supplies.
Apply on company website