Distribution Center safety precautions include a dedicated Safety Officer, temperature scans, frequent sanitizing, and masks and gloves for team members. Immediate employment opportunities.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our associates and their families, our partners, our communities, and our customers. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
The Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for performing HR‐related duties on a professional level supporting internal and external customers. This position will play a key role in the hiring process including recruiting, interviewing, development of employment offers, orientating new employees, and administering the job posting procedure. In addition, Human Resources Specialist will provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, documentation, employee relations, and recognition while working under the immediate supervision of the Human Resources Director.
- Establish and build recruiting sources by researching and contacting, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Attends and participates in job fairs and other public and departmental recruitment-related events
- Develops and maintains effective job descriptions to enable the accurate evaluation of all positions within Leslie's Distribution Centers
- Coach and train hiring managers and/or new HR hires on the overall recruiting process and best practices.
- Organize and manage new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
- Represent In The Swim/Leslie's in community and recruiting events
- Maintain and update personnel files for each employee in an organized, confidential manner, and inputs appropriate information into computer to maintain employee database
- Assists with employee relation issues and escalates to HR Director & Employee Relations Director, when necessary.
- Manage and oversee employee events for assigned Leslie's Distribution centers, including quarterly newsletter (Poolside)
- Explain and provide information on employee benefits, programs, and education
- Maintain, analyze and generate specific Human Resources daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Assists HR Director with administration and execution of various projects as needed
- Serves as a back-up to the HR Director, when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment
- Ability to work overtime and outside of normal business hours during peak season (March – July)
- Ability to travel to assigned sites (25% travel)
- College graduate preferred; work experience can substitute for education
- 2 years of high volume recruiting – Required
- 1 year of HR generalist/assistant experience – highly preferred
- 1 years of experience recruiting for manufacturing/warehouse positions – highly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) – highly preferred
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- A high degree of interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to communicate policies and procedures and relate effectively with employees.
- Computer literate within a Windows environment and extensive skill level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and ATS/Onboarding
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
Leslie's is committed to developing and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company and the communities we serve. A key aspect of building a great team is valuing ideas from many viewpoints, which is why we place a priority on identifying and hiring talented individuals from all backgrounds and perspectives.
Take advantage of our competitive compensation, extensive paid training, comprehensive and flexible suite of benefits package, 401K with company match, team member discounts, rewards for top performers, and most importantly career advancement opportunities.
Learn more about Leslies at LPM Jobs (lesliespool.com).
Stop treading water; your career is here!
Apply on company website