Leslie's is pursuing the next generation of retail management. We believe it is vital to our success to build a culture which has a diverse workforce with many unique backgrounds.
We offer our employees competitive compensation, extensive paid training, comprehensive and flexible suite of benefits package, 401K with company match, team member discounts, rewards for top performers, and most importantly career advancement opportunities.
Our Retail Team consists of talented pool professionals and sales associates that strive to provide expert assistance to our customers in maintaining and improving their pools and spas. We are the most reliable and trusted in the industry. Many of our team members began their careers in entry level roles and have advanced to high level management positions.About the Opportunity
As the Assistant Store Manager (ASM), you will support the performance of a Leslie's store to ensure that it is meeting or exceeding customer service standards, sales plans, profitability, operating procedures, and all merchandising objectives. You will also learn best practices to train and develop your team and set the expectation of providing excellent customer service as you lead by example.Responsibilities
- You will have on the job training with the Store Manager to learn overall expectations and procedures of store operations, sales plans, profit margins, payroll, and all controllable expenses. (P&L)
- You will assist by conducting water analysis and mechanical repairs
- You will aim to increase commercial and residential sales and customer counts
- You will ensure that the team is following all safety protocols
- You will assist in identifying new talent to join the team
- You will strive to maintain a welcoming store environment
- You will assist with merchandising and inventory control
- You will have opening and closing store responsibilities that may include the delivery of daily bank deposits
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- You are a minimum twenty years of age
- You have a minimum one year of retail experience
- You have experience in managing/leading a team
- You have excellent communication skills and are proficient with computers
- You have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Since 1963, we have aimed to deliver quality products through superior customer service. As a steadily growing organization, with a presence in 35 states, we recognize that the most critical component to our continued success is our people. And as such, there is nothing we value more than the development and growth of our team. Our internal promotion and advancement structure is unsurpassed: the vast majority of all open management positions are filled from talent within our company.
Leslie's is committed to infusing diversity into the workplace and providing opportunity to our military veterans and their families. Having a diverse and experienced team fuels innovation and creativity. We promote an expansive environment that supports differing perspectives, thoughts, ideas, cultures, and ways of life. Leslie's is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website