Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Title: Subcontracts Administrator
Develop subcontract specifications, requirements, statements of work, and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment and services in support of multiple contract types. Responsibilities include the following: administration and negotiation of subcontracts, preparation of bid packages, price analysis, and proposal support activities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop subcontract specifications, requirements, statements of work, and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials and services in support of multiple contract types.
- Responsibilities include the following: administration and negotiation of subcontracts, preparation of bid packages, price analysis, and proposal support activities
- Select or recommend subcontractors
- Evaluate proposals and monitor company performance on subcontract obligations.
- Prepare contractual documents, including the preparation of subcontract terms and conditions, and assemble subcontract documentation package
- Coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- Negotiate and administer agreements between the company/customers/subcontractors/vendors ensuring adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements
- Monitor subcontract performance on government contracts
- Respond to standard inquiries regarding subcontract obligations and revisions
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend DRS' mission, values and culture
- Maintain effective internal and external customer relations
- Perform special projects as requested
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline with 2+ years related experience as a subcontracts administrator; 1-3 years as buyer.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement
- Basic understanding of contract/purchase order terms and conditions and detailed knowledge of the government contracting process including sole source and competitive procurements
- Knowledge of the terms and conditions appropriate for different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M, IDIQ, etc.) and their proper use
- Knowledge of source selection/evaluation process including cost and price analysis
- Knowledge of requirements for administration of government property
- Knowledge of government subcontract administration duties including subcontract flow downs, change management, inspection, acceptance, payment, warranty, close-out and records retention
- Knowledge of proper drafting, negotiation and use of subcontracts, POs, teaming and other forms of agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of subcontract/agreement briefings, negotiation and review
- Basic knowledge of monitoring contracts/subcontract
- General computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website