4100 Coldwater Rd.
Flint, MI 48504
At Northridge standards are high and the climate is respectful. It's all about learning … student achievement is our focus. We offer competitive salaries, superior benefits, a suburban location with extensive green space and an opportunity to be creative in your classroom design. Teacher candidates must be knowledgeable, team-oriented, and flexible. This is our first year exploring a “balanced calendar”/year-round school to better serve the needs of students and families and to help minimize academic loss over the summer.
Provide supplemental instructional support to eligible students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Deliver interventions to students based on the instructional plans developed by the Title I Teacher and/or the General Education Teacher. Interventions may include support in the form of small group and/or individualized instruction, tutoring, guided practice, or other techniques, as guided by the teacher.
· Report back to the Title I Teacher and/or General Education Teacher on the outcomes of the interventions conducted by keeping daily student outcome reports
· Administer assessments and screeners that will contribute to the teachers' decisions in regards to:
o determining eligibility for entry into Title I program
o creating appropriate interventions
o exiting students from the Title I program
· May attend parent/teacher conferences as needed to support the teacher in communicating with parents about student performance, behavior, or other topics.
· Maintain student files as requested and required by the needs of federal, state and local guidelines to track student progress. Maintain the confidentiality of student records and student information.
· Maintain activity logs and time and effort documentation that comply with regulatory requirements
· Maintain constant communication with Title I Teachers and General Education Teachers regarding the progress of and concerns about Title I students
· May serve as an active member of teams such as RTI team, data team, PBS team, school improvement team, etc.
· Assist the teacher in communicating and upholding behavior and conduct expectations found in the school-wide behavior management plan; assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment in the classroom.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Good general reading, writing and math skills as evidenced by meeting No Child Left Behind requirements (specifically an associate's degree, 60 college credits, or passing scores on an equivalent state-approved assessment).
· Evidence of successful experience in student and parent relations as evidenced through prior experience in personal or professional settings.
· Demonstrated proficiency in an instructional support capacity, as acquired through prior experience in tutoring, teaching or similar work experience.
· Willingness to learn
· Knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics as appropriate REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Apply on company website