Do you want to play a key role in the step change of our governance on taxes?
Then this is your opportunity to join our exciting journey focusing intensively on tax governance through the development of a best-in-class Tax Control Framework, on an improved use of tax technologies and adding value to tax authorities, regulators and the business via enhanced relationships throughout the world.
As Tax Director you will join our newly established Tax Process Governance team. Our mission is to significantly step-change the LEGO Group's tax governance, through;
• Developing a best-in-class Tax Control Framework
• Enhancing our underlying tax related processes and controls
• Adding value to tax authorities via improving our enhanced relationships throughout the world
• Improving our use of tax technology
To do this, you will more specifically:
• Lead a small newly created team of 3 tax professionals through guidance and mentoring
• Be part of the Strategic Tax & Customs leadership team and hereby leading strategic tax and overall leading tax through passionate follow-ship together with our Business Service Operations (BSO)
• Engage with external service providers and internal tax compliance & operation teams to strive for higher compliance standards
• Set the bar for tax controls, designing & implementing the overall framework
• Perform process & operational risk management
• Being the 2nd line of defense and accountability for tax processes and controls
• Be the liaison to tax operational & compliance teams and external vendors, providing technical expertise for design of processes, monitoring processes and actively closing gaps in controls
• Be overall accountable for “enhanced relationships” as tax governance in Denmark, SAO in UK, CCO in UK, ICAP, EDB in Singapore including setting extra focus on controls and risk process identification
• Together with BSO & BPI Tax and IT define a technology strategy to leverage on the latest technology enhancing our tax processes and procedures
Play your part in our team succeeding
Global Strategic Tax & Customs is a small team of 25 dedicated tax people. The function reports to the CFO and is overall accountability for all taxes across the LEGO Group, including customs and indirect taxes.
Within this global function there are 5 sub-departments; Business Tax Advisory, Tax Policy & Controversy, Tax Planning & Structuring, Tax Performance & Projects and Tax Process Governance.
Beside the Global Strategic Tax & Customs team the LEGO Group has a central Tax Process Design team and 3 Tax Operation & Compliance teams all in the BSO (The LEGO Group's shared service center set-up).
Do you have what it takes
The successful candidate holds a Masters' degree within accounting, tax or law from a university or business school and has acquired relevant licenses and certifications. On top, you:
• Have a minimum of 7 years of experience with an accounting or law firm
• If you, in addition, have experience from an internal corporate tax department in a multinational environment that would be perfect – but it is not a requirement
• Have excellent interpersonal and team building skills
• Exhibit proven strategic, analytical and decision-making skills
• Build positive relationships with external as well as internal partners
• Demonstrate solid IT process skills (including SAP)
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as influencing capabilities
You are a natural self-starter with the ability to work independently and lead projects effectively. You thrive in a top professional and dynamic global team an interact efficiently and remotely with all your key stakeholders.
This role will take you travelling worldwide approx. 20 to 30% of your time.
Join the global LEGO® family
Come and join the LEGO Family! With over 40 different nationalities across The LEGO Group, our international environment promotes individuality and inclusion and we want you to shine. We strive to leave a positive impact on our planet and run amazing initiatives through our Planet Promise, just check out at our ambitious targets and investments for sustainable LEGO bricks and wind energy to name a few. Working for The LEGO Group is more than just a job, it is a place to grow and thrive, to play a part in building a sustainable future and “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.” – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Bringing it to life
Working in a small tax team with some of the smartest tax people in the world where it is possible to make a difference. We believe we are one of the best tax teams in the world, and we strive only for the best. This is a great opportunity to work within a fantastic organization having a great culture, with forward thinking colleagues and to play a key role in building our Tax Control Framework properly and from the start.
Apply on company website