Are you wanting to make a strategic impact in a critical digital sales role for an industry leader? Bring your sales experience, ecommerce knowledge and digital campaign expertise and join us! PURPOSE As our organization grows and aims to become an inspiring digital leader, so does the need for a dedicated focus on omnichannel innovation and development for Key Accounts.
This role will be challenged with driving that innovation and a continuous improvement agenda for Walmart, but also demonstrating learnings and insights to drive improvements for all multi-channel retailers in the US market.
The Senior Manager of Digital Key Account Management is accountable for the development and execution of a strategic business plan and annual promotional initiatives for Walmart.com but also supporting an omnichannel focus for the account. This position will be achieving sales and market contribution targets for all Walmart ecommerce originated sales (STH, STS, SFS and PUT) as well as business objectives, demand plans and P&Ls. Decision-making power lives within this role for all trade marketing spend, planning targets, and resolving strategic priorities. The impact on the overall market must always be taken into consideration. This position greatly impacts the targets for Americas Sales based on the size and growth potential of the Walmart/Walmart.com business.
It requires one to role model agile way of working to optimize personal and team performance.
THE TEAM The Sales Department is responsible for delivering outstanding service to our retail partners. This team must deliver on mutually developed joint business plans through strategic partnerships that demonstrate the strength of both LEGO and Walmart to improve opportunities for growth. In Sales we lead the business with growing complexity and interdependency, in a market that requires greater differentiation among retailers. Collaboration with colleagues to effectively handle market vs. optimizing own business is a critical component to this team.
• 20% Customer Business Planning & Collaboration:
• Build the strategic framework for the Walmart.com annual business plan supporting omnichannel growth and strategy development (close collaboration with Director for Walmart B&M) and effectively communicate it internally and externally.
• Be responsible for the Customer Planning Process to achieve/exceed sales results, improve customer relationships, and increase profits for LEGO and Walmart.com.
• Define the scorecard targets and must-win battles for Walmart.com.
• Outline strategies and actions to grow sales and profit by using pricing/promotion/distribution levers.
• 30% Relationship Development:
• Primary anchor for holistic Walmart.com account relationship: Responsibilities include developing and sustaining close collaborative interaction with Walmart.com buying, planning and marketing teams.
• Must possess strong negotiation and responsive customer management skills.
• Must also be able to lead and collaborate effectively with colleagues across many disciplines within LEGO.
• 20% Promotional Planning:
• Responsible for developing and executing a rich, innovative and engaging annual promotional plan which helps achieve scorecard objectives while differentiating Walmart.com within the market.
• Responsible for interpreting digital trends across the broader retail space and use relevant developments for impactful new marketing solutions for Walmart.com.
• Promotional elements include but are not limited to ‘tentpole' promotional proposals and various 3rd party supported marketing initiatives.
• Must demonstrate strong creativity & innovation in envisioning the annual activation plan while demonstrating strong business skills to bring activities to fruition in a manner that meets both companies' business objectives.
• 10% Demand Planning and Logistics Execution:
• Collaborate with Demand Planning to plot accurate shipment and consumer sales forecasts that align with customer and LEGO business plans.
• Align with cross functional subject matter guides to monitor and revise plans and make adjustments based on market dynamics throughout the year.
• Work closely with Walmart.com Planning and Allocation function to develop customer receipt and sales plans.
• Execute orders & resolve issues as needed to deliver the plan.
• Collaborate with LEGO logistics functions (allocation, order management) to service customer orders and address problems.
• Ensure customer's activation plan aligns with LSI strategic demand management objectives.
• 5% P&L Management:
• Deliver the agreed upon profit contribution in line with the overall company revenue and profit objectives.
• Responsible for management of promotional funding and collaborating with Walmart.com on how best to utilize funds while focusing on driving sales in a profitable manner.
• 15% People & Team Leadership:
• Support and coach team members on the Walmart team to ensure capability development of KAM skills, digital development and outstanding Customer Pulse results.
• Play leadership role in facilitating standard methodology findings and digital development across US, Canada and Mexico.
REQUIREMENTS • High level KAM expertise including strong negotiation skills, strategizing, inventory management, forecasting, team building, and turning strategic plans into accomplishments
• Responsiveness and attention to detail
• 3-5 years related experience in consumer packaged goods, with digital focus
• Proven critical thinking, strong analytical skills, results orientation and flexibility in a dynamic team environment
• Highly motivated go-getter
• Bachelors Degree (preferably in Business)
Join the global LEGO family The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you are ready to succeed in this role – and you share our dedication to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Bringing it to life
“This role is all about creating the connection between our field team with our home office team and our retailer. It's about using creativity and collaboration to build and set the direction for the army of talent out at the store ensuring that our product is available for every child. “
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
Apply on company website