Can you lead the way to suppliers for whom the digital arena is their playground?
LEGO carries a strong brand platform which enters the digital age. Being at the forefront of the convergence between its physical legacy
and its digital ambition is the dream of every builder-engineer….
Parts External Manufacturing's (PEM) mission is to design/engineer, source, plan and deliver new parts to The LEGO Group in expected quality through global 3rd party design & manufacturing network partners.
It' s The LEGO Group's ambition to move more focus to the supplier market where digital modules, systems and components are available (most of them resulting from the consumer electronics industry).
The access to the new supply base is not limited to component and module suppliers only, but extends to design and system houses who can provide reference designs.
As this function is close to the Product Marketing Organizations (both innovation and technology), as well as the key component suppliers, it will be located in the HQ in Billund.
The role is responsible for developing systems supplier, establishing and executing procurement strategy and support supplier – LEGO relation development.
Play your part in our team succeeding
and focus your efforts on
• Supply base development
• Project management/ product development
• Sourcing & supplier management
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for EXPERIENCE as -
• 15 years or above relevant working experience in capacity of product manager, commercial key account manager in industries like Silicon, System Design houses, Module Design (connectivity modules, MCU s, ….)
• Understanding of the Software/Firmware eco systems: ISV s, FAE s, tools for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
• Negotiation Skills in areas beyond costing e.g. patent & royalty negotiations, joint development agreements, software and cloud/edge based maintenance contracts, OTA (over the air) and other agreements
• Strong negotiation, communication, influencing and analytical skills with ability to develop & manage supplier and stakeholder relationships on global and senior level
• Understanding of ODM/OEM/EMS value chain models to secure smooth transition with colleague
• Strong knowledge in relevant markets, access to key players and transactions
• Solution and results orientation with proven ability to deliver
• Proactive and collaborative
• Willingness and ability to travel
Your educational background
• Masters Degree in Electronics, System Designs or Software
• MBA is preferred
• English, German and/or French is preferred
The LEGO Group offers you the opportunity to be a part of a company with a very special mission. You will be at the forefront of defining the future positioning of the LEGO brand in the digital era of the Company versus its customer base i.e. the children. It also presents you with exciting challenges working in a highly collaborative environment alongside talented colleagues which you will have the benefit of learning from.
Join the global LEGO family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
Be instrumental in positioning the LEGO brand in the digital era of the Company trying to remain sticky with its main endorsers i.e. the children of the world…
Apply on company website