Leading team of engineers that implements new moulds and technology to production in a global organisation
The main purpose of this position is to set the direction and lead a team of specialists as well as continue developing the Moulding Qualification (MQ) function to meet the requirement coming through the demand of moulds at the various production sites.
Ensure that we can reduce lead time
The area is under heavy technological development (complexity) for which reason the technical ability of the organization is essential to succeed on the long run.
It is encouraged that the position as Manager in the Moulding Qualification area takes full responsibility for ensuring that we can reduce lead time in an end2end perspective. This is required due to the market change and the need for reducing time to market. There is a need for changing the development of MQ's operating principles to fit into the new demand situation. This requires strong collaboration with our stake holders to implement the solutions decided.
Play your part in our team succeeding
• Handle and lead team of specialists in the Moulding Qualification area, and build the capabilities to ensure we succeed with our key objectives as part of the engineering organisation to deliver outstanding solutions to our production.
• Focus on Pulse scores and delivering a highly motivated and engaged team is a corner stone in how we develop the organisation. Energizing the whole organisation and have a “can-do” attitude.
• Optimize the business and work with our operating principles to meet the current and future challenges. This includes a globalization on our operation, working with digitalization (Industry 4.0) and technology platforms and ensure we build strong learning circles across the organization.
• Maintain and develop our process portal to ensure that our area is running according to strong processes that enables fast lead time, high quality and efficient production.
• Drive the development in our operating principles and implement them both in the MQ organization and in the rest of Elements & Moulds supply chain.
Do you have what it takes?
• Toolmaker, plastic maker, mechanical engineer or the similar combined with business understanding at bachelor level, e.g. diploma in leadership or HD
• Experience in project management
• Six Sigma green or black belt.
• 3-5 years of leadership experience from a technical/engineering organization.
• A consistent record on successful change management in a global organization.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Handle a dynamic environment and working closely with many partners within and outside the LEGO Group.
Engineering background and have worked with injection processes, mould making or development of plastic components.
• Advanced knowledge about IT software for presentation and reporting and making documentation (SAP, BI and NX)
• Company language is English, and it is an advantage to have a second language
• Travelling days up to 60 days per year
• Flexibility in working time is expected due to collaboration with colleagues from different time zones.
English on level 13-16 (C1, C2)
Spanish on level 10-12 (B2)
Join the LEGO Family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavor to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 860-763-7777, Option 4 (for TTY, dial 711) or RS_US@LEGO.com. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.
Apply on company website