Core Responsibilities • Transforms business requirements into appropriately documented technical solutions that are aligned with relevant subject matter experts and adhere to operating standards and non-functional requirements.
• Describes and consults with other technical leaders on the pros and cons of various solution design and implementation options, ensuring tradeoffs are clear and appropriate decisions are made and documented in detail.
• Ensures that any proposed solutions deliver the best possible mainland China experience while also engaging into the global ecosystem with continuity and appropriate integration.
• Works in an advisory, advocacy and consultative capacity to help the team (internal and external) innovate, improve productivity and quality of their respective process and systems
• Be an advocate to help shape the team culture within the LEGO brand framework and establish a winning attitude across the group that is comfortable with innovation and calculated risk taking.
• Work hand in hand with others in the team to ensure we deliver what we plan and we do it with the right attitude and sense of ownership Play your part in our team succeeding The LEGO Group Shopper Engagement Technology team are responsible for building and maintaining technology for our shoppers – on platforms like LEGO.com, within retail stores and across other digital touchpoints. We are a cross functional team with end to end responsibility for our technology solutions and work hand in hand with internal teams and market teams that drive the ‘direct to consumer' strategy and its execution for the LEGO Group. Currently the team is based in London supporting the company globally but due to the growth of the LEGO Group in China and the specifics of the eCommerce market in this region, we are setting up a team based in Shanghai to help establish and then grow and support the eCommerce platform and shopper technology capabilities for the market.
Initially you will work as part of a project team responsible for delivering a superior LEGO eCommerce B2C experience in China.
You will be responsible for the delivery of , Architectural documentation, design solutions and roadmaps for shopper technology in teChina region and its links back to the global ecosystem.
Your goal is to ensure that internal and external teams can build with clear direction and understanding of the end state. The role requires broad, deep knowledge and experience in solution architecture, shopper technology systems and practices, specifically for the China market.
You will be working between internal and external teams to deliver successful integration and enhancement plans within a complex technical landscape for Ecommerce, Data & CRM, IAM, retail platform design and shopper centric functionality. Good project management, communication and technical skills are a must. The role holder is expected to deliver innovation to progress process, practices and tooling and have a progressive attitude focused on continuous improvement.
You will need to be someone used to starting things up on your own, as you will initially be one of the first technology resources on the ground in China alongside, and reporting into a Lead product owner for China eCommerce.
You'll be someone who loves to make things happen and gets excited about identifying and delivering innovative and engaging shopper experiences. Do you have what it takes? • 3-5 years architecture or technical team lead experience on significant enterprise and ecommerce systems in China. Experience with global brands integrating into this landscape is a bonus.
• Experience of the design and implementation of decoupled ecommerce systems inclusive of solution design for ecommerce marketplace integration
• Experience of designing systems and 3rd party integrations around the China ecosystem specifically Alibaba and Tencent
• Experience of the design and implementation of solutions to integrate with major enterprise and third-party software vendors (e.g. SAP, Adobe)
• Experience of utilizing cloud services from Alibaba and AWS
• Experience of working in a continuous delivery team building improvements, new features and capability in an agile model
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
• Strong written, architectural documentation and verbal communication and presentation skills
A graduate degree in related technical or non-technical field is preferred. Functional experience will be considered in place of academic qualifications.
• Must be attentive to detail, flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects.
• Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex requirments and competing priorties.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highest attention to detail, organized, team worker.
• Experience in an international business environment preferably including global ecommerce
• Strong interpersonal skills and empathy for others.
• You will be based in Shanghai but may on occasion be requested to travel to work with and meet colleagues in other global locations, Particualrly London and Billund, DK.
• Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours (as needed)
Join the global LEGO® family Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
“Working within the shopper technology area at LEGO is a hugely rewarding experience and a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a diverse and energetic software engineering team that drives direct commercial results. We are focused on delivering on our vision of a modern, innovative omnichannel shopper-focused experience globally and we like to have fun along the way!”
Apply on company website