Would you like to build your career by looking after the supply chain process at The LEGO Group in Latin America?
Bring all your amazing experience in demand planning, OM and customer service in order to reach more children with the joy of play with LEGO
• Build and develop strong Operations team
• Provide leadership to LATAM, as part of the Latin America LT
• Direct management of the Customer Planners
• Full responsibility for Order Management in LATAM
• Deliver an accurate sales forecast for the region as well as individual BU's
• Engages with the Regional Distribution and Imports teams to deliver on meaningful metrics as Coverage, Warehouse capacity, retail in stock, On-shelf availability, Novelty readiness
• Ensure a high availability of products for the customers
• Support Key Account Managers within BU
Play your part in our team succeeding
The team is a part of BU Latin America with HQ in Mexico City. The Business Unit consists of 3 SBUs: Mexico and Brazil where we have our Sales Subsidiaries, as well as LAMD (LATAM Distributor Markets), where we reach 19 countries through a network of Distributors and LEGO Certified Stores.
Join the global LEGO® family
The scope of the LATAM Operations team is be to deliver Best-in-industry in-stock availability and retail stock turn via excellent demand planning and execute standard methodology order management and customer care. The team consists of 8 direct reports based in both countries, and the role also provides leadership to the planning team from the Distributor. The Operations Director reports to the GM of Latin America.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, Economy or related fields.
• Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in Market Operations (Demand Planning, Order Management, Customer Service etc) in a FMCG or Branded goods company
• 3+ years experience as leader
• Skilled communicator, dynamic person with winning mentality
• Cross functional and cross cultural interest
• Ability to deal with (intrinsic) conflict
• Strategic perspective combined with strong executional skills
• Ability to influence
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams and to lead employees with all levels of experience.
• Strong networker with ability to build relations.
• Experience in handling remote team of different cultural backgrounds
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
Apply on company website