Location: Cape Coral Hospital----------
Department: Resource Nurse Team----------
636 Del Prado Blvd
Shift: Shift 1- 10hr Shift----------
7:00:00 AM to 7:30:00 PM
Cape Coral, FL 33990----------
Work Type: PRN----------
Exempt: NoJob Summary
Working in this Discharge Department. Encompasses Admissions and Discharges. Patient education.
Responsible for the safe delivery and documentation of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Performs responsibilities in five areas of nursing practice utilizing critical thinking, management, problem solving and differentiation of urgency in the role of: clinician, teacher, researcher, leadership and professional development. Responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards subscribed to by American Nursing Association and in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act and other regulatory standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Uses knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through excellence in customer service and performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care. The nurse practice is guided by the code of ethics for nurses with interpretative statements.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Experience Required- 3yrs Acute Care RN experience in Med/Surg or PCU (with 1yr of the RN experience in PCU)
- Strong computer skills - Lee Health uses EPIC.
- Flexible schedule
- Strong customer service skills
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
- Registered Nurse License
- BLS (American Heart Association / Basic Life Support)
- Proof of American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) current for a minimum of 90 days after hire date
- Med/Surg or PCU National Certification preferred.
Apply on company website