Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, as well as, the usage and organization of supplies.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, hospitals, care facilities all helpful, not mandatory.
- High school diploma or equivalent of GED preferred.
- Maintain state food certifications as applicable.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Proper cleaning, organization and handling of dishes, flatware and kitchen utensils.
- Keeping sanitation and cost controls.
- Safety and security measures.
- Chemicals and water temperatures.
- Work within productivity standards.
- Follow cleaning procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Must be able to work alone without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Comply to all standards.
- Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
- Communicate professionally with guests and co-workers.
- Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Set up work station as required: dish machine, chemical levels, presoak.
- Operate equipment as manufacturer intended to include: cleaning, wiping outside of machines, requesting maintenance assistance for repairs and temperatures etc.
- Clean equipment such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area including storerooms.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- May set up meeting rooms if applicable, handle guest issues and housemen duties when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing as needs arise in the hotel.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website