The Sales and Meeting Coordinator is responsible for: selling hotel rooms, generating awareness for hotel and company, supporting and enhancing sales initiatives that are compatible with LBA sales plans, strategies, and programs, in addition to the planning and coordinating all Banquets and Meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent of same.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- One year experience similar capacity.
- Two years' experience in service industry.
- Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security clearances.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, experience working with customer relationship software like Hotel SalesPro, ACT or Salesforce is preferred.
- Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Identifying opportunities to achieve financial performance goals.
- Budget limitations and cost controls.
- Food and Beverage costs and how to calculate
- Selling strategies for highest profit of produce and services.
- Configurations and set ups for function space.
- Competition and what this property has (or doesn't have) over others.
- The area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations: check daily events, bulletin boards; and stay up-to-date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Offer aggressive yet competitive Rate Agreements to local companies and leads that have extended stay business or multiple room business under the direction and approval of the General Manager and Director of Sales
- Passionately sell hotel guest rooms and meeting rooms through direct client contact to achieve (preferably exceed) revenue, ADR, Occupancy and RevPar goals.
- Establish a client base of primary and secondary market segments for extended stay business where appropriate. Incorporate strategic Sales Action Plans, on an “as need” basis and when agree upon by GM's and DOS.
- Determine Top Accounts in competitor's hotel to become “target accounts” for our hotel(s).
- Target, saturate, penetrate specific companies to reach true decision makers in position to refer to our hotel(s) while seeking new business and/or working an existing account.
- Computer literate.
- Maintain organization of supplies and order as necessary.
- Sell effectively, Negotiate when necessary.
- Multi-task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates and home office support staff.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintain hospitable attitude.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Assists Director of Sales with inside sales for the property.
- Obtain initial inquiry information from prospective customer calls for follow up by the DOS when DOS is making outside sales calls. Initial handling of customer walks ins and quoting and closing business as approved by the GM and DOS.
- Maintain banquet and meeting rooms through a preventative maintenance program
- Prepares customer sales agreements and gains approval from the DOS prior to sending to the customer.
- Conducts site inspections as appropriate.
- Coordinate guest requests with operational personnel.
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: function sheets aka Banquet Event Orders, changes in guest requests (i.e. guarantees, set ups, agreements/contracts, distribution of gratuities, etc.); create/maintain customer files, assist as appropriate with the direct bill process, other administrative duties as necessary.
- Serves as the hotel events coordinator, checking function room setups prior to a group's arrival to ensure all is in order.
- Other clerical duties as assigned (i.e., creating and maintaining customer files, assisting, as appropriate with the direct bill process)
- Responding to phone calls not related to the direct sales process (i.e., rooming list changes) to allow the DOS to maximize their sales day.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Obtains function guarantees from customers per hotel's SOP and insures all deposits and payment requirements have been satisfied prior to a group's arrival.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
- Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule.
- Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
- Typical week consists of 80 - 90% inside selling and 10 to 20% outside sales activities.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, to assist with a sales blitz in another LBA city, etc.
- Sales Manager
- Director of Sales (Single or Dual Property)
- Guest Service Manager
- Assistant General Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website