Supervisors, managers and associates have access to guestrooms and property. Character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, hospitals, care facilities, supervision of staff, ability to do basic math, all helpful, not mandatory.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential function of the Room Inspector is to assist in monitoring the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas as well as satisfying guests in terms of and the friendliness and service of the Housekeeping staff. Ensure Guest Rooms and all public areas of the hotel are clean and operating correctly while working within the labor and budgetary guidelines set forth by LBA, enforced and communicated by the General Manager.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, crawl, and kneel.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Proper procedures for handling of linens, terry and other supplies.
- Sanitation of supplies, guestrooms, public areas.
- Guestroom cleaning procedures.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Assistance in supervising and managing staff techniques.
- Through knowledge of materials, supplies and equipment used in the housekeeping department.
- Follow and manage using the Company procedures and policies.
- Must be organized to maintain logs, bibles, checklist, and inventories as scheduled.
- Maintain designated minutes per room.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow cleaning procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Must be able to work alone AND as a team member
- Comply with all standards
- Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests and co-workers via various methods to include: messages and communication log books.
- Assist guest with issues, being professional and maintaining hospitable caring attitude.
- Must be able to learn/use computer systems necessary to perform daily tasks to include: Quore, Hotel Effectiveness, etc.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the Housekeeping Team. This may include break out boards, assigns times, checking rooms and entering into system, ensuring associates take break and clock in/out on time.
- Safety and Security: Key control is required for guests and associates. Keys are to be accounted for and secured on a constant basis.
- May assist with monthly inventories, proper ordering, receiving and maintenance of supplies.
- As needed, responsible for cleaning vacant dirty rooms to be guest ready, and returning occupied dirty rooms to an occupied clean status within specified time and accuracy constraints per brand standards and best practices set forth by LBA.
- Follow all cleaning procedures outlined in the housekeeping training with every assignment and as specified on the training checklist.
- Report any discrepancies to the Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager.
- Assist in maintaining other areas of the hotel in a clean and orderly condition, (ex. Associate breakroom, restrooms, public areas, stairwells, and back of the house area).
- Respond to guest requests and inquiries immediately.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and understand the safety and security needs of our guests and associates.
- Maintain a crisp, clean and professional appearance daily adhering to grooming and uniform standards.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Should be able to develop housekeeping staff in the advancement of their careers. May be required to work any day/shift to include weekends.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The next step for this position is the Housekeeping Manager/Executive Housekeeper position. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, and the ability to delegate important duties in regarding to hiring, interviewing, discipline, performance review, inventories, etc. as well as property size and condition will be factored into determining need for the higher level position.
Apply on company website