Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following LBA standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Maintains the laundry and appropriate facilities in a clean and orderly manner. Is responsible for the cleanliness of the laundry, as well as, the usage and organization of supplies.
Laundry Attendants have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, hospitals, and care facilities all helpful, not mandatory.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and understand English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Proper handling of linens, terry and other supplies, keeping sanitation and cost controls in mind.
- Safety and security measures.
- Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Guidelines for Training Checklist for proper procedures.
- Work within productivity standards
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow laundry procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Must be able to work alone, without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work as a team member
- Comply with all standards
- Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
- Communicate professionally with guests and co-workers.
- Receive and sort soiled linens and terry.
- Treat stained linen when applicable and salvageable. Maintain records of damaged or stained linen and terry and alert supervisor when damage is beyond treatment and linen must be removed from inventory.
- Operate washers and dryers as manufacturer intended to include: cleaning lint traps, wiping outside of machines, requesting maintenance assistance for repairs, etc.
- Fold clean terry and linen followed by stocking shelves and storage rooms.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The next step for this position is in a training capacity or in either the front office, maintenance or in a food and beverage department. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website