We are looking for a dynamic leader for this brand new Marriott hotel opening Spring 2021.
Provide leadership and demonstrate the LBA culture with every action and/or reactions. Acts as the main liaison between the General Manager and daily operations in a dual/combo property. Plan strategically to maximize profits. Responsible for all major areas of hotel operations and services including, but not limited to: Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Food and Beverage to include but not limited to: personnel, budget performance and financial controls in accordance with established quality standards. Responsible for all operations for their hotel brand with potentially more responsibility in the absence of the General Manager.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Five years' experience supervising (at least) 15 associates.
- Bachelor's Degree helpful but not required.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, stooping, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, talking, hearing and effectively communicate.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch and reach.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful atmosphere.
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as graphs.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Is compliant, understands and implements regulations which affect operations. Ensures others do the same.
- Knowledge of processes including and not limited to: receivables, payables, budgets, invoices, payroll
- Appropriate attire for associate and management staff. Wear proper attire at all times in accordance with LBA standards. Monitor attire and uniform standards compliance for all.
- Implements company policies and provide a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with all safety requirements
- Thorough understanding of emergency procedures.
- Heads up E – Team (t b discussed)
- Maintains safety and security practices. Is alert to hazardous conditions.
- Reports and/or resolves hazardous conditions immediately.
- Inspect guests' rooms, public access areas and outsider grounds for cleanliness, safety and appearance.
- Answer and resolve guest complaints as in the Service recovery Procedures.
- Develop others to progress and advance careers
- Document policy violations by any staff member and follow up ensure performance was corrected or not repeated.
- Develop and execute a plan for meeting and exceeding budgeted sales goals and budgeted expense goals.
- Coordinate sales efforts with sales team – locally and field
- Proficient in all Company – issued software programs, including and not limited to:
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Property Management Systems
- Central Reservations Systems
- M 3
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports
- Apply reasoning to carry out instructions in various formats: written, oral or diagram
- Utilize skills to interrupt financial data and prepare budgets.
- Make decisions based on facts, reports, as well as experience.
- Promote teamwork and positive associate morale.
- Interpret job specifications to all hotel staff.
- Analyze and resolve work or assist associate in problem solving.
- Ensure all hotel staff meet and greet guests as well as ensure staff provides an atmosphere of gracious hospitality to all guests.
- Manage the new hire process for each department. Ensure all newly hired associates:
- Receive a company/hotel orientation and overview of operations, which includes and not limited to:
- Completion of all new hire paperwork
- LBA Orientation DVD
- Safety DVD's
- Preventing Discrimination & Harassment
- Associate Handbook
- Area specific training
- Review on going training practices to ensure all associates are kept up to date on current policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals.
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Monitor communication between departments to ensure a positive flow of information in a timely manner.
- Develops and executes aggressive long and short range financial objectives to meet and exceed budgeted sales goals and budgeted expense goals.
- Review on a daily/weekly basis all cost accounts for each area of hotel.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with service standards and that outages are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Communicate and document using internal means: logs, bibles, Innovations,email, etc.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all therules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vender training program.
- Maintain involvement in the community from both business and charitable avenues.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining an aggressively friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should develop and train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Regional Director of Operations, Bench Manager, Director of Hotel Openings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website