Responsible for: greeting and welcoming guest, preparing food for evening socials/mixes, offering prompt and courteous service so the guests have an enjoyable experience.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- One year experience in a food and beverage position.
- Experience with chain food and retail outlet preferred.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Menu items and beverage choices.
- Standards of operation as required by brand.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquires.
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Service-minded, friendly, professional behavior.
- Organization needed to assign stations, inform servers of responsibilities, processes room service orders, and keep restaurant in a clean, orderly and guest ready manner.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests and associates.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintain hospitable attitude.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Prepare and consistently maintain dining area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere. Receive and store food/beverage items as needed.
- Prepare food for social/mix/manager's reception, stock and maintain buffet as required.
- Serve beverages, including beer/wine, to guests during social/mix/manager's reception.
- Close out shift by cleaning and restocking supplies for next day or shift.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Interact with and ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service. Respond to guests complaints/issues as necessary.
- Ensure brand standard documentation is completed as required.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a F & B Manager.
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website