Provide excellent quality of product and service to guests. Responsible for the: preparation, storage and par stock of menu items and supplies.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- One year experience following standard recipes.
- Experience with chain food and retail outlet preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent of GED.
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Maintain state food certifications as applicable
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty, and trustworthiness at all times.
- Control of food costs, loss and usage guidelines
- Pars for shift usage, freezer pull, and line set up.
- Proper temperatures: hot above 140 F and cold 41 F.
- Inventory, ordering and receiving and storing products.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Follow recipes for preparations, cooking serving, and storing.
- Maintain organization of supplies, storage rooms, refrigerators and freezers.
- Work as a team member
- Follow guidelines and recipes
- Maintain required logs
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guest, department heads, associates and home office support staff.
- Solve great issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Prepare and consistently maintain dining area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere.
- Close out shift by cleaning and restocking supplies for next day.3
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing when staffing necessitates.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintain a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should develop and train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Food and Beverage Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website