Responsible for: offering prompt and courteous service so the guests have an enjoyable experience. Maintain the cleanliness and guest ready appearance of outlet.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- One year experience in food and beverage position.
- Experience with chain food and retail outlet preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent of GED
- Associate's Degree preferred
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty, and trustworthiness at all times.
- Age requirements and verify those who order any alcoholic beverages.
- Menu items, preparation methods and beverage choices.
- Various types of alcoholic beverages, know trends and preparation of cocktails.
- Standards of operation as required by brand.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquires.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Friendly professional attitude is a daily expected characteristic
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change.
- Sell, suggest and serve quality food and beverage items as per standards.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests and associates.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Work as a team member in aspects such as cleaning, side work, food preparation and storage.
- Prepare and consistently maintain working area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere.
- Process guest charges and gratuities in accordance to standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
- Maintain liquor inventory regularly.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should train others her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Food and Beverage Supervisor or Guest Service Representative.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website