Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Subcontract Analyst. You will perform subcontracting activities including soliciting, negotiating most favorable terms, awarding, and administering purchase orders and subcontracts in accordance with applicable policies and procedures. You will interact with suppliers, various internal departments and customers. This position is in the Supply Chain Management Department.
- Apply and interpret procurement policies, procedures, and processes and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Analyze data and a variety of factors to develop solutions and solve diverse issues and questions.
- Evaluate quotes and negotiate most favorable terms, prices, and delivery with vendors for award of purchase orders.
- Manage vendor compliance with terms and conditions and customer satisfaction, approve invoices for payment, and prepare file for close-out.
- Award and administer complex purchase orders from award to completion, including modifications, expediting, follow-up and close-out.
- Administer cost-type subcontracts from award to completion, ensuring invoiced costs are consistent with the terms of the subcontract and subcontract closeout requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Maintain all supporting documentation for orders and subcontracts to ensure completeness of procurement files.
- Track and monitor all types of subcontracts, including complex cost-type agreements in close-out status to ensure administrative requirements are met and validate subcontract costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience interpreting and applying standard business practices, and established procurement policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying procurement principles.
- Proven decision-making and analytical skills and ability to anticipate, define, and resolve issues.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with customers, suppliers and programmatic personnel, including experience utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced and diverse work environment.
- Knowledge of personal computers and automated business tools and technologies.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website