Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Senior Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Business / Computer Aided Design (CAD) Administrators to support the LLNL Enterprise Lifecycle Management (ELM) System. You will provide systems engineering, project management, and technical support to the ELM System in the development, testing, installation, and support of the system. You will drive and create business or CAD processes, obtaining requirements from business units and provide training for business or CAD processes. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers, support personnel, and administrators dedicated to evolving and supporting the ELM system in its critical mission of national defense. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either the SES.3 or SES.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Provide technical expertise necessary for establishing and maintaining complex applications, processes, enhancements, and environments to support the Lab's PLM, CAD, and related engineering software systems.
- Develop and implement advanced conceptual and detailed solutions that meet technical requirements. Establish and sustain a technical release roadmap to support a cost-effective, repeatable, and rapid software deployment framework.
- Work closely with internal business partners, external consultants, vendors, and other IT management and staff to manage complex project interfaces and to establish and maintain productive and adaptable working relationships.
- Work closely with ELM team and stakeholders to manage user incidents and service-level agreements. Define, measure, and monitor key parameters that allow for continuous improvement and elimination of issue recurrences.
- Partner with application delivery, business analyst, and product management teams to identify & catalog enhancement requests; Lead and participate in enhancement prioritization meetings; balances enhancement demand against regular incident, monitoring, & support demand as appropriate.
- Manage team projects related to system introductions, enhancements, upgrades, migrations, etc., assuming responsibility for proposal, plan, cost, schedule, design, review, delivery, and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the SES.4 Level
- Set broad vision and strategy that influences long-term technical direction for meeting future needs of the Programs.
- Lead and manage major upgrade/update projects which have high consequence of error.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Significant experience and advanced knowledge in working with Windows and UNIX environments.
- Significant experience with PLM systems (Windchill preferred) and advanced knowledge of the following: CAD Data Management, Document Management, Change/Configuration Management, Approval Workflows, Bills of Material, Visualizations, Components Management, Supplier Management.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent and complex technical tasks with competing priorities and to meet deadlines that are important to project success.
- Ability to devise solutions for unique and complex problems.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel and ability to work independently, under minimal direction, in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to lead, manage, and mentor junior team members.
- Advanced communication skills with proven ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear and coherent manner, both verbal and written for presentation and interaction with other technical staff members.
In Addition, at the SES.4 Level
- Subject-matter expertise in enterprise-scale production applications and substantial experience in highly advanced project planning and providing technical leadership.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative approaches to highly complex problems and to apply new technologies to broadly defined needs.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to effectively foster a collaborative team environment and to effectively present and explain highly complex technical information and advice to senior management.
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge of system rehosting and re-vaulting.
- Knowledge of JAVA and other relevant programming languages.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website