Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Strategic Partnership Project (SPP) Specialist to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will be responsible for supporting efforts in the preparation, review, validation, and approval of SPP funding actions. Job scope will include proposal, agreement, and contract submission and execution. This position is in the Budget/Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP) Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
- Represent the Laboratory as the business and financial point of contact in the preparation, review, validation, developing recommendations and approval of SPP proposals.
- Provide consultation to Laboratory program/resource personnel and a wide variety of sponsors in the selection of the appropriate agreement instrument, negotiation of applicable financial terms and conditions, and awarding of agreements within level of signature authority.
- Administer and execute moderately complex contracts with Laboratory SPP sponsors from award through close-out, including, processing amendments and change orders, assisting with invoice schedules for payment, and preparation of documentation for contract close-out, in collaboration with Laboratory, subcontract analysts, and OCFO personnel.
- Gather, clarify, and analyze diverse and financial information including funding, costing, and workforce data. Provide analyses and relevant information to ensure resolution of customer and/or sponsor issues. Research variances to plans and allocations and implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Establish, maintain, and provide accurate, detailed financial data, records, and reports for the Laboratory and external entities including DOE/NNSA, SPP sponsors, and audit agencies.
- Participate in cross-functional teams identifying and implementing new/revised business process changes and requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience and training in accounting/finance, procurement, project management, or auditing.
- Experience negotiating and administering the financial aspect of contractual agreements.
- Basic knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and other regulatory orders/guidelines in order to ensure work is executed properly.
- Experience compiling and analyzing financial data and information and demonstrated expertise in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills in both verbal and written forms necessary to tactfully establish and maintain effective work relationships and to provide advanced customer service to a wide variety of personnel, internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to determine priorities with minimal assistance, process multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet all deadlines.
- Ability to support decision making, identify innovative solutions, and accurately assess problems and make prudent decisions.
- In-depth experience with LLNL and DOE/NNSA policies and procedures, financial aspect of contractual terms and conditions, and Contract No. DE-AC52-07NA27344 requirements.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website