Join us and make YOUR mark on the World! Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor! We have a job share opportunity for an Administrative Specialist IV. Under limited supervision, you will perform a full range of advanced, complex and difficult secretarial and administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast- paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. This position is in the Design Physics Division within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate.
- Represent management in daily matter to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature which may be sensitive in nature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets and tracking/filing systems.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Plan, organize and coordinate onsite training courses for ALE3D, a large multi-physics code distributed to DOE and DoD laboratories.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. About Us Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees. LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website